Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wednesday walkabout: why is the EPA taking over farms?

Well it isn't. But this meme seems to be persistent in many places, including here in Nebraska. I googled 'EPA taking over ponds' and discovered many references to this story in Wyoming, which I'm guessing is fuelling alot of this debate. So if your pond is in fact a dam, and you didn't file the necessary paper work to build a dam, then yes. The EPA and the US Army Corps of Engineers are going to get on your case.

UNL made the top 100 on the U.S. News and World Report rankings. Yawn. I'd be more excited if they tracked something other than bums on seats.

I found this piece on debating science with trolls interesting. Thanks to the Huge Possum for the link.


I'm playing catchup here, so I'm going to call it a day. The idea behind 'Wednesday Walkabout' is that there are a lot of little things that catch my attention during the week, that may or may not be important enough to warrant a post of their own. So I'm just going to collect them all together into a single post. Quantity instead of Quality! I learned this trick from Dynamic Ecology's "Friday Links".

No comments:

Post a Comment